How to migrate from Sharesight to Beanvest
Beanvest is a great Sharesight alternative to track your portfolio. Here's how you can migrate from Sharesight to Beanvest in a few easy steps.
1. Export your trades from Sharesights
In order to migrate, you will need to first export your trades.
- Connect to your Sharesight account, and click on "Reports" in the top menu:
- Scroll to the bottom to the "Tax and Compliance" section and select the "All Trades" option:
Make sure all your trades appear in this section. Otherwise, change the date range.
On the top right corner, click on the green Excel icon to export your trades in xlsx
2. Convert your trades file into a csv file
In order to import your trades into Beanvest, you will need to convert the file into a valid csv file.
Open the .xlsx file your exported from Sharesight with a spreadsheet editor such as Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheet or Open Office Sheets
Select the first two lines by clicking on the number 1 and 2 on the left while maintening tab. Then, delete these two rows. (You can do a right click, and then delete rows)
- Save the new file in a .csv format (Use UTF-8 encoding if prompted)
3. Import your trades to Beanvest
You can now import your trades using this .csv file in the Beanvest CSV Import